who says you have to go out to celebrate something big?
because we didn't.
we decided to stay home and celebrate our anniversary for a variety of reasons...
1. we wanted to watch our videos.
2. we've been spending a lot of money lately... and we always feel guilty when we spend money (that's probably a good thing, right?)
so instead. we had a restaurant-quality-meal-at-home.
here's how you do it.
step 1: roses.
step 2: nice steaks (that i conveniently got on ridiculously good sale...)
step 3: a willing person to cook... i am this willing person.
step 4: steaks. gourmet mac and cheese (recipe at the end--ridiculously amazing). asparagus sauteed with garlic and stuff.
step 5: peace out. or happy 2 years. take your pick.
step 6: delicious dessert. homemade chocolate covered strawberries and cookies and cream cupcakes.
step 7: stuff selves. then get emo watching wedding videos.
that's a great night.
as a side note...
mac and cheese recipe:
7 oz 2% sharp cheddar
3ish tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons flour
2.5 cups milk
a bunch of parm (who knows how much was in there)
1/2 a box of macaroni
homemade bread crumbs mixed with parm.
1. make a roux with the margarine and flour (basically, cook it together until it turns light brown... and yes, i watched a youtube video on it). add the milk. a while later, add the shredded cheese... mix that trash until it all thickens together.
2. meanwhile, boil macaroni. tough stuff.
3. pour cheese sauce over mac, mix it up, cover with bread crumbs and cook for 20-30 minutes or so in a 350 degree oven (i covered it with foil for half the time because i don't love stuff that browns).