thanksgiving (and a five day break) was AMAZING.
here are some highlights, in no particular order:
1. the day of thanksgiving = TONS of delicious thanksgiving foods at the ebright household. filled with 7 nieces and nephews, 6 siblings-in-law, and 2 parents-in-law. quite a crowd.
2. being that there were so many kids, i wanted to make something to add to the feast. i made a giant sugar cookie thing (a recipe i got from real simple) that is made to look like a pumpkin pie. twas DELICIOUSSSS.
doesn't look too shabby, i don't think!
3. when making this delicious treat, it required a rolling pin. i don't have one (i'm getting one passed down to me from my mom's side of the family at christmas). so, i used a nalgene. sprayed some pam on it, attempted to make flour stick to it, and did my thing.
i'm thinking of calling real simple and putting it into their "new uses for old things" section. i could be rich.
4. i got to DRESS LIKE A PILGRIM. at school. for our thanksgiving party. and i called myself "pilgrim peggy" and the students asked me questions about the Mayflower, First Thanksgiving, etc. as a review for what we had learned. i LOVED it more than i should have.
there it is. and to think a student's mother gave me this costume instead of throwing it away. what a treasure.
5. HP7. FINALLY got to see it. not my favorite of the harry potters, but i knew it wouldn't be... a little dark for my liking. but, nonetheless, very well done. nothing like the wizarding world, that's for sure.
6. went to matt's 5 year high school reunion. talk about an interesting night! so many things: they rented out the ENTIRE hard rock cafe downtown (intense, right?), had free appetizers and drink tickets for everyone. a bunch of people came in a LIMO... because there was a lot of drinking going on for many people.
that being said, it was super fun getting to meet matt's old friends and people he had classes with and stuff... the whole ordeal was actually enjoyable and not something that was awkward for the wife. hallelujah.
7. BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING. an annual love of mine. but it's hard when you don't have money, right? so we bought a laptop for matt's parents. perfect alternative for us... i get the joy, we don't spend the money. best of both worlds. this year, though, we had to wait outside for an hour... it was snowing, windy, and FREEZING. i didn't know if we'd even get the laptop after all the waiting. but, alas, we did. twas a glorious time for all (except matt... but then he loved it post-waiting outside).
8. friday night, we ordered chinese (festive, right?). we never order chinese, so it had to be documented. while we were there, i made sure matt didn't touch anything. it was a tough few minutes for me.
9. i had taken pictures of our favorite salads that we have every once in a while. nothing too exciting, but we love them. and they also happened over this break, so it fits.
chicken caesar for matt...
apples, almonds, and raspberry vinaigrette for me!
10. on three separate occasions over this break, bailey has chosen to poop on the ground while we're gone. it doesn't make a mess (it's solid, in case you were wondering), but it's ridiculous and we get super mad. she starts shaking like crazy, peed two of the three times out of fear when we push her face toward it (you know, to punish her), and one of the times: she didn't just pee, but was facing upward, and peed like a fountain. we started dying of laughter then realized she was making a mess AND we're supposed to be punishing her.
it's been an interesting weekend.
oh, one last story. thursday night we got home super late. i looked at chase (our bank) and saw two transactions i didn't recognize. we couldn't figure out what they were and i made matt go with me to the bank (in his defense, he kept telling me we should wait for them to go through before freaking out--they were only pending). when we got to the bank and the banker called the people and they gave us the exact date and time of the transactions.... we realized...
it was harry potter tickets and popcorn.
whoops. i looked like an idiot.
luckily i don't get embarrassed easily.
hope your weekend was grand! today is christmas decorating day, so more pictures to come, i'm sure!