Thursday, February 10, 2011

the joy in life.

joy is my favorite word.
all of my first graders know it... they bring it up in as many conversations as possible, just so i'll squeal with excitement.


but, in all the busy things that have been happening, it's hard for me to slow down and see joy.


in our young married's small group, we each took a challenge from james 1.
i took verse 12:


"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."


so, my challenge to myself was to find joy in the trials of life.
i'm supposed to be journaling each day about it. our whole group is. i haven't been. because i've been busy (ironic, right?). so, i thought i'd put it on here as a challenge to myself and anyone else... to find the joy in the difficult trials. or just ridiculously busy times.


what's the point of just living to get through to the next thing? i'm going to be intentional about finding the joy.








my joy of the day: watching the 23 loves of mine literally glow as i told each of them the fruit of the Spirit i saw in their lives each day, shining out at me. you would have thought i gave them a million dollars. it's incredible how far a little encouragement goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback :)