here in the ebright household, we're making a few dietary changes for lent.
and focusing on thanking God for what we have.
thus, we aren't able to make a lot of the foods we normally eat.
so, recipe central.
best fajitas everrrr.
actually got chicken blackened to perfection.
here's the process
(you probably already know this, but it was shockingly new to me. judgement-free zone. like at planet fitness.)
1. create this seasoning in a bowl: 1 tbsp cornstarch, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
2. put peppers in a ziploc with a little olive oil and mix around... then add a little seasoning and mix around.
3. cook those suckers up!
4. put chicken in another bag with olive oil and mix around more seasoning.
5. take the veggies out, put chicken in, cook and then combine.
6. check out the blackening like a restaurant, love your life, and put it in a whole wheat tortilla with lots-o-veggies.
7. love your life some more.
"peanut butter cup ice cream"
not really. most of that name is a lie.
2 frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon natural crunchy peanut butter, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk.
emulsify that sucker.
i made three batches and put it in a container to be scoopable later!
or, eat immediately as a smoothie.
either way, delish.
... more like baked oatmeal in cookie form!
this one is straight from pinterest... i can't take credit.
but i will add my opinion--really good, as long as you don't go into this thinking "cookie."
3 bananas, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup raisins, 2 cups oats (i did old fashioned steel cut, not quick oats), 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. mix it all together and scoop it like cookies on a baking sheet.
bake at 350 for 15 minutes or so.
**a few notes:
spray the pan. with no butter, these suckers STICK. also, flatten them to cookie shape... they don't change shape one bit while baking :).**
you could also add nuts or other fruit in these easily!
cheesy chicken quinoa
simple and delish...
cook 1 cup of quinoa, one chicken breast and a bit of broccoli
mix it all together, add 1 teaspoon salt and a bit of cheddar cheese and 1/4-1/2 cup soy milk.
mix, put in a baking dish, cover with a layer of cheese and bake at 350 for 10-15 min.
easy and great!